Pilates and pregnancy go together exceptionally well, as the areas we focus on during Pilates classes are the same areas focused on during pregnancy. Some of these being stamina, flexibility, breathing techniques and the position of baby. During class we will concentrate on the abdominal, pelvic floor and back muscles. When these muscles are strong they help to make your pregnancy more comfortable, labour easier and post-pregnancy recover quicker.
The nature of Pilates is such that you need to have a focused mind when performing the movements. Learning how to engage each individual muscle during a movement helps to develop your mind body connection. This connection will help during labour when you need to be able to tap into your body’s needs. Helping your mind to work with the labour and not against it.
During your class you can work at your own pace. Variations of each exercise are available for beginners right through to advanced. You will be guided through exercises that focus on the core areas and muscles to best prepare you for your pregnancy, labour and recovery.
Exercising on all fours will be encouraged as it relieves pressure on the lower back and pelvic floor while helping baby into the best positions for delivery. Controlled flexibility of the pelvis and hip joints will be done to assist with encouraging an easy delivery.
LADIES WHOM WE WOULD RECOMMEND TAKING THE CLASSES:
- Pregnant ladies
- Pregnant ladies who want to remain active and would like professional guidance
- Pregnant ladies suffering from normal pregnancy niggles
- Pregnant ladies wanting to prepare for birth, both natural or C-section
- Pregnant ladies wanting to prepare their body for post-pregnancy recovery
- Pregnant ladies who have been given clearance from their health care provider to exercise
- Virtual (Microsoft Teams)
- Pre-recorded (Microsoft Teams)
- 1 session per week (monthly) Please contact us
- 2 sessions per week (monthly) Please contact us
Instructor for this class:
Lee Zylstra – Owner/Head Instructor
Lee is a mother of two and has herself been through the highs and lows of pregnancy and motherhood. An understanding of the emotions that face pregnancy and motherhood puts Lee in the perfect position to support you on your journey.
Lee is a BASI qualified Pilates instructor and Personal Trainer. Over the years Lee has worked in different studios, gyms and corporates in both private and group settings. This gives her the variety and experience needed to provide a challenging and interesting session each time she takes a class.